Everything, May – Featuring mixed media works by Donna Birdwell, Ryan Cooper, Maria Doulatova, Ruth Keitz, Renee Nunez, Minden Ten Eyck & Kiki Whatley. PICS
Oil & Water, April – Featuring paintings by Matt Bennison, Christopher Schroeder, Olivia Rains, Joseph Noderer, Dovin Outlaw, Brant Moore, & Jaime Hernandez. PICS
Noise and Grain, February-March – a Black and White Photography Group Show Featuring 21 local photographers: Layla Blackshear, Levi Brewer, Cameron Butler, April Davis, Sara Fields, Josh H, Brian Hamm, Bradley William Herzing, Nick Jensen, Richard Kies, Trisha Renae Kummer, Andrea de Leon, Dan Machold, Anthony Lee Maddaloni, Sean Mathis, Liz Potter, Nic Raven, Cody Rea, Maria Soscia, David Strohl, & Diana Sutherland. PICS
Blowout VIII, January-February – Lithography, Intaglio, Silksreen & other types of prints from 15 University of Texas Art Students: Brittany Bernstrom, Ashley N. Tristan, Jacqueline Negreros, Nick Francel, Anastasia Miller, Joshua Orsburn, Jason Roh, Shannon Mercado, Katie Horbal, Rachael Holt, Clarissa Gonzalez, Elizabeth Lujan, Santiago Tolosa-Zegarra, Eliana Bernard, Alyssa Creagh. PICS
Surreal Landscapes, December 20th, 2012-Jan. 10th – Featuring new works by Cari Palazzolo, Ryan Davis, William Cardini, Kevin Dehan, Jess Bee, Christa Palazzolo, Cristina Vasquez, & Angie Steding. PICS
2nd West of East Group Exhibition, November 9-27 – Featuring Bryce Dishongh, David Fridlund, Elisa Gomez, Josh Henslee, Jaime Hernandez, Padaric Kolander, Craig LeBlanc, Ian McEnroe, Kristen Van Patten, Cody Rea, Stephen Schwake, Sam Rolfes, Austin Sayre, Jamie Spinello, Amber Vickery. PICS
The Lay of the Land, October 12-November 4, 2012 – Featuring new prints, mixed media & photography by Cary Hulbert, David Lujan & Singer Mayberry. PICS
6th Jewelry by Artists Exhibition, Saturday October 6th, 2012 – Featuring Holli Brown of Dish it Out, Lisa Chandler, Bess Garison of Elizabeth Loch Jewelry, Lindsay Hendricks of Lunetta Jewelry, Jamie Kelsch, Melissa Lancaster of Rock Paper Scissors, Deanna Pastel, Jamie Spinello, Christine Terrell of Adaptive Reuse, & Jennifer Ware of Wareable Art .
August 10-25th: All About Color. Photography by Cara Arlauskas, Delaney Allen, Molly Allen, Lesley Bradstreet, Rachel Brady, Margie Eades, Taylor Englert, Bradley William Herzing, Marisa Ievans, Singer Mayberry, Jason Morales, Courtney Pierce, Jennifer Ramos, Diana Sutherland, Raphael Umscheid. PICS
2nd Fashion Trunk Show & Sale, Saturday July 21st, 2012 – Featuring Supermaggie, Lunetta Jewelry, Rural Rooster, Moonfinder, Kelly Stiles, Sabbatical Arts, Misha Blaise Design, Shadow + Fog, Vinca, Rock Paper Scissors, MAKEatx & more.
July 13-21st: The Austin Series Vol. 2, Blurred Lines. Drawings & Mixed Media Works by Donna Birdwell, Devon Grey, Cliona Gunter, Kevin Parks Hauser, Rachel Crist and Daedalus Hoffman (video collaboration), Jaelah Kuehmichel, Brian Phillips, Katie Rose Pipkin, Kevin Pope, Michael Proctor, Austin Sayre, Stephen Schwake, Jamie Spinello & Kristen Van Patten. PICS
June 22-July 1st: The Austin Series Vol. 2, Processed Repeat. Featuring printed works & photography by Misha Maynerick Blaise, Joolie Bracken, Emily Burns, William Cauthern, April Davis, Johnny Dimas, Sara Fields, Annalise Gratovich, Carol Hayman, Valérie M. Horne, Carolyn Hulbert, Jennifer Litterer, Dan Machold, Kelly MacNiven, Clark Reed, & Jo Ann Santangelo. PICS
May 25-June 3rd: The Austin Series Vol. 2, Brushed Medium. Featuring paintings by Toni Ardizzone, Patrick Davis, Ryan Davis, Lucas Dimick, Clair Gaston, Jaime Hernandez, E.S.Olsen, Michelle Rahbar, Howard Rains, Stephen Schwake, Carly Weaver & Kenny Brieger. PICS
May 5-22: Serious Whimsy. 2 person show featuring paintings & drawings by Jeana Baumgardner and Maggie Kleinpeter. PICS
April 20-29: University of Texas at Austin Printmaking Faculty Show. Featuring works by Lee Chesney Interim Chair of the Department of Art and Art History, Associate Professor – Studio Art, Intaglio Printmaking. Neal Daugherty Lecturer – Digital Art / Foundations. Tom Druecker Lecturer – Lithography Printmaking, Co-Founder of Slugfest Studios. Sandra C. Fernandez Assistant Professor – Artist’s Books, Intaglio, and Relief Printmaking. Co-Director of the Guest Artist in Printmaking Program (GAPP). Ken HaleProfessor – Lithography Printmaking, Senior Associate Dean – College of Fine Arts. Founder of GAPP (Guest Artist in Printmaking Program) & Printmaking Convergence. Tim High Associate Professor – Serigraphy, Founder of the UT Serigraphy Printmaking Program, Area Head of Printmaking. Margie Simpson Lecturer – Lithography Printmaking, Co-Founder of Slugfest Studios
March 3-25: Shutter Speed, Gallery Black Lagoon’s First Annual Juried Black & White Photography Exhibition. Featuring images from 2011-2012 by 21 Texas Photographers: Jessica Anguiano, John Cahill, April Davis, Ryan Green, Kelly Hawkins, Brian Hamm, Carol Hayman, Bradley William Herzing, Jordache E. Johnson, Richard Kies, Jennifer Litterer, Singer Mayberry, Dan Machold, Jason Morales, Mary Rehak, Brandon Sarkis, Chad Schaefer, Autumn Spadaro, Ashley Wallace, Kate Wurtzel, & Laurie Saurborn Young.
February 2-12: Constructed Exploration & The Painted Print. Sculptural works by Jonathan Sanders and printed and drawn media by David Lujan. PICS
- February 3, 2012: Austinist.com, Tracie Chan – “Dimensions: Constructed Exploration & The Painted Print” Arts Review. “Jonathan Sanders’ wife calls him “a hoarder of random objects.” If that statement is true, then Sanders has impeccable taste in weathered pipes and tree branches, which make their way into his sculptures. Fusing found items such as railroad spikes, insect-devoured wood, and corroded pipes to concrete, steel, and resin, Sanders constructs pieces with modern, architectural lines…David Lujan’s latest collection of screen prints will also be showing. He features animals with geometric shapes, screen printed across multiple pieces of birch plywood…” – http://austinist.com/2012/02/03/gallery_black_lagoon_-_dimensions_c.php
December 9-28th: Drought/Fire/Ash featuring works by Marjorie Moore. Pattern Lands featuring works by Callen Thompson.
- December 7, 2012: Austinist.com, Sean Ripple – “Drought/Fire/Ash” Arts Review. “Focusing on the devastation wrought by the recent fires in Bastrop in which she had a highly personal stake, artist Marjorie Moore has created a body of work that is as much about healing and beauty as it is loss. The exhibit will feature landscape drawings and reclaimed found objects that have been transformed by the fires… [come to] celebrate the strength of the human spirit in the face of catastrophic events and contemplate the haunting nature of loss that informs all of our lives.” – http://austinist.com/2011/12/07/opening_tomorrow_night_-_droughtfireash_new_work_by_marjorie_moore.php
November 12-20th: First Annual “West of East” Group Show, featuring Jeana Baumgardner, Gretchen Bettes, Debbie Carroll, Ryan Davis, Robyn Dunbar, Dieter Geisler, Jasmine Johnson, David Lujan, Vincent Paul Martinez Jr., Katie Rose Pipkin, Howard Rains, Jennifer M. Ramos, Stephen W. Schwake, Sarah Tillman, Angi Wilkes, Ann Woodall, Laurie Saurborn Young.
- November 18, 2011: The Austin Chronicle, Wayne Alan Brenner – West of East Arts Review. “This group show boasts striking art worth leaving the Eastside for Hyde Park…the intricate narrative pen-and-inks of Katie Rose Pipkin, will make you yearn to know the stories behind the depicted scenes. Some kind of Gormenghast vibe working in there, it looks like. Halfway into the gallery, there’s David Lujan’s huge rendering of a bee, and that’s a definite note of interest. The image itself is lovely, yes, but the method of reproduction is what marks this as serious goodness: screenprinted, as so many things are, but screenprinted on birch, using gum arabic pigments and transparent base. Thus: as delicate, colorwise, as it is large, and rendered as if with traces of the insect’s own honey. . .” – http://www.austinchronicle.com/arts/2011-11-18/west-of-east/
5th Jewelry by Artists Exhibition, Saturday October 22, 2011 – Jamie Spinello, Margot Wolf, Lindsay Hendricks, Elizabeth Crandall, Laura Wood, Jill Palone & more.
October 2011: The Austin Series, Part IV featuring Rosemary French, Annalise Gratovich, Laura Klopfenstein, Kristopher Kotcher, Gabe Langholtz, Sean Morgan, Katie Rose Pipkin, Molly Rodriguez, Stephen W. Schwake, Sarah Tillman, & Erica Wildman.
August 2011: The Austin Series, Part III featuring Gretchen Bettes, Debbie Carroll, Beth Evans-Colonna, Akaimi Davis Green, Valérie Moutier Horne, Carolyn Hulbert, Nicole Jeffords, Jasmine Johnson, Jack King, Suzanne Koett, Vincent Martinez, Jason Morales, Danny Phillips, & Laurie Saurborn Young.
4th Jewelry by Artists Exhibition, Saturday July 16, 2011 – JGuildDesigns, Claire Buck, Lisa Linbrugger, Lindsay Hendricks & more.
July 2011: The Austin Series, Part II featuring Jeana Baumgardner, Ben Lance, Katie Westmoreland, Jennifer M. Ramos, Chad Hopper, Katie Cowden, David Lujan, Colleen Gugan, Lesli Marshall, Howard Rains, Indigo Colton, Akaimi Davis Green, Angi Wilkes & John Choate.
June 4-20th: The Austin Series, Part I featuring new works by Lacey Richter, Stephen W Schwake, Ann Woodall, Jamie Spinello, Jesse Greene, Elena Rojo, Kristen Van Patten, Donna Birdwell, Robyn Dunbar, Linda Galvan, & Akaimi Davis Green
- June 2nd, 2011: The Daily Texan, Article on The Austin Series Part One – http://www.dailytexanonline.com/life-and-arts/2011/06/02/gallery-black-lagoon-art-exhibit-showcases-local-color
Saturday May 21st, 2011: Accessories Trunk Show – Chia Hats , Bolsa Bonita, Tula Hats, KristenMcAshan, Jewelry by Amy Holton Designs, Fat Cat Studio & Artulia Jewelry. Plus Live Music by Shotgun Party.
Poster Cabaret Bicycle Print Exhibit, May 5-30th, 2011 featuring:
Aesthetic Apparatus, Alberto Cerriteno, Andy Vastagh, Blanca Gomez, Bobby Dixon, Brainstorm, Brian Turner (Cricket Press), Bryan Keplesky, Clint Wilson, Cody Haltom (Public School), Cole Gerst, Dan Black (Landland), Dan Grzeca, Dan Padavic (Vahalla), Dario Pegoretti, Delicious Design League, Diana Sudyka, Dirk Fowler, DKNG, Don Clark (Invisible Creature), Doublenaut, Eleanor Grosch, Evan B. Harris, Gary Houston, Greg Pizzoli, Hollie Chastain, Jaime Cervantes, Jared Connor, Jason Munn, Jay Ryan, Jennifer Davis. Jes Seamans (Landland), John Vogl, Justin Cox (Public School), Justin Santora, Leandro Castelao, Little Friends of Printmaking, Mara Piccione, Mat Daly, Matthew Genitempo, Methane Studios, Micah Smith, Michael Motorcycle, Mike Klay (Powerslide Design), Nate Duval, Rand Renfrow, Ryan Clark (Invisible Creature), Sasha Barr, Scott Sonnenzimmer, Tad Carpenter (Vahalla), Tim Doyle Travis Bone (Furturtle Printworks), Will Bryant (Public School), Will Manville.
- May 17, 2011: AdobeAirstream.com article on May Poster Cabaret Exhibit – http://adobeairstream.com/design/poster-cabaret-celebrates-national-bike-month/
- May 27, 2011: The Austin Chronicle, Article on May Poster Cabaret Exhibit – “hallelujah, the repurposed venue is wonderfully expansive, making up for what it might be missing in cathedralesque height with a wealth of floor space and wall space. It works well, all the emptiness in the middle of each room, because there’s nothing to compete with…” - http://www.austinchronicle.com/arts/2011-05-27/poster-cabaret-bicycle-print-show/
Saturday April 9th, 2011: Jewelry by Artists Exhibition & Trunk Show. Artists included Rebekah Vinyard , Kerri Lawnsby, Julie Konvicka, Susie Aoki, Jamie Spinello, Ingrid Kuper, Jenny Guild, Claire Buck, Kelly Stiles, Lisa Linbrugger, Jamie Kelsch, & Kelly Hankamer
March 2011 Group Show featuring: Guy Juke, Rand Renfrow, David Lujan, Chantelle Rodriguez, Vincent Martinez, Caitlin Mccolom, Elliot Jempty, Topher Sipes, Jaclyn Hudak, Bobby Scheidemann.
Fashion Trunk Show February 26th, 2011: Katastrophic Design, Fat Cat Jewelry Studio, Bolsa Bonita, Dimovi/Vinca USA, Peacock People Vintage, Jasmine Turner,Ruffled Clothing, Cinnamon Girl Shop. Plus handmade bath & body products from Feto Soap.
January-February 2011: Ryan Davis, solo show
Handmade Holiday Sale Dec. 11th, 2010: Danny Phillips, Regina & Omar of The Plant Press, Shannon Ture, Fleegal Farms All Natural Soaps, Brian David Johnson, Steven Mattern, Jewelry by Kate Winternitz, Elena Rojo & Amy Friend, Chad Schaefer, Jessica Sherwood-Mathis, Flat Flower Cards, Katie Reeve, Pixxxie Pie & Posie, & Tiffany Nappier
Jewelry by Artists Dec. 4th, 2010: Kristin Laing, Stephanie Jimenez, Jamie Spinello, Elizabeth Baird,Jenny Guild, Claire Buck, Amy Holton, Christine Terrell, Lisa Linbrugger, Kathryn Babboni, Hillary Blumanthal, Rachel Salome, & Maggie Goen
November – December 2010: Jamie Spinello & Kristen Van Patten
Jewelry by Artists Exhibition August 7th, 2010: Local Austin Jewelry Artists, including Stephanie Jimenez, Ingrid Kuper, Lisa Linbrugger, Elizabeth Baird, Kristin Laing, Maggie Goen, & Christine Terrell
Other 2010 Artists August through October (beginnings of Gallery Black Lagoon) inlcude Jeffrey Swanson, Christa Palazzolo, Ryan Davis, David Lujan, David Johnston, Courtney Chavanell, L. Renee Nunez, Adreon Henry, Carrie Wells, Valarie Campbell, Jamie Lyn Dorfman.